Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sufficient Grace

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
~II Corinthians 12: 9

This verse was taped to the cupboard door in front of me yesterday, as I worked in the kitchen over 12 hours. More than inspirational talk, it was hard core truth. I was challenged with two questions.

Question #1: Was I going to cave into my weakness and let the tense situations, the sore muscles, and the tired body running on less than 5 hours of sleep make me crumble?

Question #2 (actually the flip side of the first question): Would I admit my weakness to God and let His power work through me to give me a gracious spirit in all things?

As the day progressed the answers were given to these two questions. I did not live out the verse perfectly, but it did give me hope. No, more than hope. It gave me a heart to surrender to God and eyes to see Him working. His grace was sufficient.

Do you need power? Be weak. Do you need grace to handle life? Find it in Jesus. His grace is sufficient.

No comments: