Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Special! Special! Read all about it!

Uncooperative weather - what's so special about that? For many
of us it means a loss of something whether it be a day at the lake, time in the
garden, or a family outing. For me it also means a gain -a gain
of bread in the freezer, that is. I need your help managing the
growing stash in that handiest of all appliances. Next Tuesday I will be having a grand cleaning-out sale at Pelican Rapids. (Take note that this is not my usual week to be at the market.) Everything I bring will be straight from the freezer... and sold
at a reduced price. (75 cents off all bread; $5.00/group of 4 scones
and caramel rolls; $7.00/package of 6 caramel rolls;
$1.00/brownie)

Are you leery of frozen goodies? Let me put your mind at ease.
Instead of decreasing the quality of my baked goods, freezers actually "freeze"
them at peek freshness. So come one, come all to the SALE!!!!

Find my tables on North Broadway on the sidewalk in front of the Chamber of
Commerce/Tourist Information.

~Elsa

This is an email I sent out to my email list last Saturday after another one of those "uncooperative" days. True, it wasn't the down-pour of Tuesday when I seriously felt like I had jumped in a lake. Nor was it the first beautiful Saturday of the summer when all people were at the lakes rather than the market like the week before. Rather it was a day of wind and some sprinkles. (If you are wondering how wind could be a problem, you have never experienced a true Minnesotan wind.)

Today (the day of the freezer sale) was another one of those windy days, but sunshine made all the difference. Now our freezers boast of a total of three unsold loaves of bread! They are breathing a sigh of relief.

No comments: