Thursday, September 11, 2008

To: Florida

While a box of bread traveled to my sister and friend in Pennsylvania (see my last post), a package of goodies from my kitchen made its way to Florida. Second cousin, Karin, and her family were to be my other shipping guinea pigs. Two days after I brought the frozen sweets to the little, down home post office in Rothsay I got the notification email. The package had made it to its sunny destination. One step accomplished. Now the question - how do scones, caramel rolls, and brownies hold up to the intense Florida heat?

Besides a call from Karin with a thorough report, she sent great pictures and captions for you all to enjoy. Thanks Karin and family for being a terrific panel of judges and for your great documentation!

July 25th – a wonderful package from Minnesota arrives packed with delicious goodies!


Karin's favorite - caramel rolls


Half of them were put on a plate for a taste panel…
…and half of them were put in a container in the freezer to be thawed out and tested a few weeks later.
My husband, Jason, and his sister Amanda who was visiting from Georgia joining me in a tasting that evening. (Wow! Pen and paper beside each judge. Did I mention these people did a great job judging? - Elsa)
Dividing the desserts…
Oh so good!
Must have been a winner…these crumbs were all that was left from the scones.
Saturday, August 30, 2008: the second batch has been thawed out and a new taste panel tries out some of the goodies. Here is Jase, the youngest taste tester. He gives a big thumbs up to the chocolate and cherry scones! (A diverse judge panel! What more could I have asked for? - Elsa)
His older sister, Siri, concurred. :)


Mommy was extremely selfish and kept the last caramel roll all for herself! It was so much better just warmed up a bit in the microwave.
My only complaint was not enough caramel…but then again, I don’t ever think you could have too much for me! (More caramel - hmmm. Will have to see what I can do. - Elsa)

1 comment:

Astri said...

however, the very important question of will your bread ship successfully to the west coast remains unanswered, hmmm.... :) yes, i am again making the mistake of catching up with your blog whilst hungry!!
also, i should email you a really delicious cookie recipe i'm addicted to making that you might enjoy...