Friday, September 12, 2008

Changes

Friday, August 1st, 2008: Today was my last day at the Sabin farmers' market. After watching sales dwindle to only a few loaves sold each Friday, I decided it just wasn't worth the time and drive. Saying good-bye to the friends I'd made in the year I'd been there was sad. Their quiet, godly example had been an encouragement to me. But life is full of changes, and change it will!

New opportunities are on the horizon. The farmers' market in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota has been referred to me as one with potential. Up until now I've shied away from the prospect of the one hour drive there, but it seems like the best next step. This will mean a few more expenses, though. Besides the extra gas, there will be a larger weekly fee. A canopy tent is also required. Time to do a little shopping.
A few weeks later: My family's weekend stay at the lake proved to be the perfect time to try out the new tent found in Fargo, ND. Lots of good help from parents and sisters!
One of the deciding factors for this tent over the rest at the store was the attachable side panels. Great to block brownie melting sunshine and the whipping, Minnesota winds.
Saturday, September 6th: My third time at the Detroit Lakes farmers' market. Isn't that a beautiful tent?
Yes, changes are a part of life. What a relief to know the One who has all changes in His hands. No need to wonder and worry!

No comments: