Monday, November 2, 2009

Oh, where have you been?

My blog activity has been sluggish these last weeks, to say the least. In some ways I am like "Billy Boy," as you are doubtlessly asking "Oh, where have you been?" But in other ways I am far from being in Billy's shoes. I haven't been doing any spouse seeking. ;)

My baking hat has often been set aside these last weeks to be replaced by that of a wood finisher. New windows seem to have an endless amount of wood needing to be varnished, and so hour after hour my mom, sister, and I plug away. The end of this job is coming slowly but surely.

While most of the time my eyes are fixed on the wood that with each coat becomes richer in color, I do sneak glances through the new panes. A variety of scenes have met my eyes - clouds, rain, blowing autumn leaves, snow, sun, dripping roofs. Who would have thought that so many different weather patterns could be crammed into a few short weeks... unless you are from Minnesota.



PS - I haven't given up baking all together! The paint brush has given way to flour at times while I baked up orders and experimented with a few new concoctions.

No comments: