Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Who Hid the Vegetables?


















Last weekend I was designated the official fetcher-of-vegetables. It may not look like it, but this is our vegetable freezer. July through autumn we watch the high water mark go up in this freezer as we pick, blanch, bag, and finally freeze the vegetables from our garden. By now half or more of our store has been devoured at many a meal, so there is lots of empty space in the freezer - well, sometimes. This also is home to many bread orders. Those who aren't able to get their order right after it's baked have me put it in the freezer until pick up time. This makes for fresh bread for my customers... and interesting digging for veggies.

The hot item here is Multigrain Bread. Multigrain Bread is my #1 best seller to regulars and the bread I serve my family whenever I want them to be especially happy. I'm starting to think I should have given it a different name - something like Our Daily Bread.

On Monday digging for vegetables became easier as the order moved out. This wasn't to last. Now I could take a new picture of the freezer. This time it's covered with a layer of Whole Wheat French Boule.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Elsa, Maren sent me the link to your blog. Your bread looks very yummy. You should put a menu and price list in your side bar. I'd love to have Maren bring me a loaf sometime when she is headed this way. I once watched her eat a tuna (or maybe chicken)sandwich on one of your breads and it looked so delicous. I'll check back to see more of your trials and successes with baking. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elsa! I have enjoyed your blog about baking bread! I think I saw your blog mentioned on face book. All of your different types of bread make me want to try different types for my family. Thanks for the encouragement! We are trying to get our garden in but it is going quite slow. Between the wind and the colds the girls and I got this last week we are slowly making progress. Have a blessed day! Shelley Miller