Monday, May 5, 2008

Impulse Shopping

Normally I hold a stand of no impulse shopping, but last Friday was an exception. I'd had in mind for a while that it would be nice to have my own refrigerator or freezer, but decided this was not the year to make such a buy. Small purchases were on my list this spring. That is until we went shopping for a new microwave oven to replace our 30 year old microwave that was dead (at least we thought it was dead, but that's another story) and found the store was having a scratch and dent sale.

Instead of just a fridge or freezer, I got a combo deal (otherwise known as a regular kitchen fridge/freezer). This was perfect timing, because soon "barm" (sourdough starter) will have to be increased. Two large containers of it were quite enough to make milk and surplus garden produce rather difficult to fit in. Hooray for more fridge space!

1 comment:

Astri said...

your blog makes me hungry