Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hamlet in the Kitchen II





A chosen jury consisting of Mom, Hannah (a sister), and Elsa met at the kitchen counter this noon. After careful consideration they deemed the sesame seeds as unnecessary to the benefit of Black Pepper Seed Bread and banned them from the recipe.

So, what's in Black Pepper Seed Bread? Made with a mix of unbleached and whole wheat flours, it is flavored with course ground black pepper, pumpkin seeds, and raw sunflower seeds. If you asked me which of my savory breads is my #1 favorite (at the present, anyway), I'd have to say this bread. I love the aromatic flavor of pepper mixed with the crunch of seeds. Mom's comment is that it makes delicious sandwiches. Grilled cheese sandwiches made with Black Pepper Seed Bread! Mmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday when packing my lunch, I made a ham sandwich using the pepper seed bread. Loved it! Besides the nice flavor and the great crunch, it was substantial enough to carry me through the busy afternoon. You may keep practicing on me! :-)

~Maren