Thursday, January 20, 2011

December 17, 2010 -- Moving day #1 -- The best birthday gift ever!

Before...
Our living room housed my proofing rack on non-bake-days.

The hutch in our dining room had to scoot over last spring to make room for one of my cooling/storage shelves.

After...
Hannah's jubilation after we move my other cooling/storage shelf from the dining room.

We have our dining room back!

My new bakery begins to take shape.

Initiation of the bakery -- refreshing barm (sourdough starter) on a make-shift table.

Hannah and I grab a few minutes to sip a cup of tea (Taiwanese green!!!) over a Christmas book full of delightful pictures. Soon the birthday company will arrive. Yes, this is in the addition too. The table was being stored in our three season porch, while my harp had it's home in our dining room.

Company has arrived, we have eaten a good meal, and now it is time for cake. Sadly Grandma Stowman is home under the weather, but Grandpa and Grandma Ronnevik make for lively company.

Scrumptious chocolate angel food cake with colorful sprinkles. Tradition...
More smog every year. :-]

A relaxing evening in the addition. Special memories.

No comments: