Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Though the weather outside is frightful..."

Twenty-some degrees.
Frost to scrape from windshield.
Brown, saggy plants frozen in their pots.

Frightful? Maybe not. Especially when I smell decaying leaves, hear the cheerful voices of chickadees, see the clear, star filled sky while crisp air meets my nose... Still I prefer to enjoy these pleasures in short snippets or wrapped mummy-style in warm clothes. I admit it. Cold and I don't get along.

I remember the cold Octobers of yesteryear, sitting like a bag lady in my parka along the street while selling my home-baked wares to regulars and passers by. But I only remember it. This year I got smart.

Bumping my farmers market schedule back a little, I used the month of September to catch up on the backlog caused by busy summers. The beginning of October then saw the launch of this year's once-a-month baking and delivery schedule... one month earlier than last year.

A stack of deliveries waiting to go.


Standing Order
This family chose a great variety of baking to enjoy every month.


Two Bread Subscriptions
Here is a peak into October's "edition."


No comments: