Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cool. August. Lake.
That may not be everyone's idea of a great time, but my heart sings over the combination.
Sleeping in. Knitting. Reading.
If I wasn't smiling before, I am now.
Listening to loons. Watching the changing colors in the evening sky. Hearing God's voice more clearly.
Now I'm really onto something.
Add on top of all this, a bit of kitchen fun.
Yes, this is refreshing.

I love preparing meals in this bare-bones kitchen.

Menu -
Kendra's Market Sandwich
Melon
Chips & Salsa
The makings of Kendra's Market Sandwich: Chewy sourdough bread, sliced tomato, pesto, smoked turkey. Other optional additions: Lettuce, cheese...

Now realize, this isn't made with any go-to-the-store-and-dump-things-in-your-cart ingredients. These ingredients are plain good. I'm not just talking about my sourdough bread, either, though I do confess to be a little partial there. Look at that tomato - bright red, juicy, fresh from the garden. For a zippy spread, "Deb's Corner Products" jalapeno pesto can't be beat. And smoked turkey - no paper thin pressed muck here! (I admit it. I am a bit of a fanatic over quality food.)

Hungry yet?

Help yourself.

Thank you, Kendra, for giving me the idea for this sandwich... and letting me have a nibble of your noon lunch.

No comments: